script editor bugs

tech at paynesparkman.com tech at paynesparkman.com
Wed Jun 2 13:28:49 EDT 2004

6/2/2004 11:32:57 AM, tech at paynesparkman.com wrote:

>6/2/2004 4:18:37 AM, xbury.cs at clearstream.com wrote:
>
>> You can also try my alternative script editor but it may
>>  take just as long to colorize the script or more because it does a much
>>
>>  better job at parsing the script and comments - the price of features!. I
>>  haven't tested it with the new MetaCard but it works fine with 2.5.1... You
>>  can find it at
>>  <http://www.monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=129>. Sorry
>>
>>  for the shameless plug...
>>
>>  I'll test it soon ;)
>>
>>  cheers
>>  Xavier
>
>Xavier I installed your script editor and had a problem.  I used the select option on install to install it
on
>mctools stack of the new build of the MC IDE (v2.6b5).  Rather than installing there, it installed on
the
>mctools stack in the same folder as the 2.5 engine and now I can't uninstall.  The uninstall says it
>completes successfully but doesn't.  I tried changing the select path to deliberately install to the tools
>stack in the same folder as the engine then uninstall but, no luck.  I also noticed that the checkpoint
>marker is barely visible at my 1600x1200 resolution.  Is it supposed to be greay rather than red?

Xavier, I really like the index and script lines ruler.  I'm working on windows 2000 with the 2.5 engine
and the last IDE Metacard provided for it.  Here are some other things I have noticed:  I get an
execution error every time I enter something in the message box though it seems to finish its task.
The comments option only shows comments with -- not with #.  When I use the + button in the
snippets manager, It appears to work correctly the first time in that it creates an empty snippet named
Untitledafter the selected one.  If I click the + button again before doing anything else, it deletes the
snippet after the selected one and replaces it without an empty one named Untitled then permanently
saves that change.  In other words, the deleted snippet is gone for good.  Is there supposed to be a
variable watcher or just not with the 2.5 engine?

Rich Mooney