MC IDE 2.6 - next steps

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 1 08:33:03 EDT 2004

tech at paynesparkman.com wrote:

 >>...the IDE usage poll.  It's very helpful in understanding the
 >> scope of what we need to do.

 > Since I don't have a current license I haven't joined the yahoo
 > group and therefore can't vote.  I am actively monitoring your
 > progress through this list and appreciate your efforts.  When I
 > do get a new Rev license I will definitely be requesting an MC
 > license.  I'm curious where you came up with the number 28.
 > Is it the number of people who are members of the yahoo group,
 > the number of people subscribed to this list, the number of
 > people who requested MC licenses when they bought a Rev license,
 > or some combination of these?

The MC IDE usage poll at the URL above looks like this:

    Please select the choice that best describes your use
    of the MC IDE:

    Choices                                          Votes
    It's my primary work environment                    28
    I jump back and forth between IDEs                   5
    I mostly use Rev                                     3
    I use it only for testing engine bugs                1
    I never use it; signed in here just out of curiosity 2

The MC IDE group has a total of 119 members,  with 39 having voted and
80 not voted yet.  Given the number of cases like yours (people who are
on this list but not at Yahoo), the actual number of people using the MC
IDE may be higher than the group membership.   But until they join the
group and vote there we have no way of measuring actual usage.

Membership to the Yahoo group is free and only takes a minute to set up.
  There are many other interesting groups related to MataCard,
Revolution, and XTalk in general at Yahoo all well which become
available once you register with Yahoo Groups.