MC IDE 2.6 - next steps

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Tue Jun 1 16:52:13 EDT 2004

>I have been using Metacard heavily for the past 5 years and mostly
>lurking this list for around 4 years.  I'm
>still using the 2.5 engine and have not bought a new Revolution
>license though I plan to eventually.   Since I
>don't have a current license I haven't joined the yahoo group and
>therefore can't vote.

Actually, since IDE is now a separate product, due to its open-source
nature,there is nothing against your using the newest IDE with 2.5
engine as far as I know. You license only the engine. IDE is a
freebie so do speak :) If I am wrong, I am sure our esteemed puhbah
will correct me.

I have tested the recent betas with 2.5 engine and they seem to work
fine. Try it out.

Robert Brenstein