Filters for Transcript Dictionary

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jul 25 17:49:57 EDT 2004

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> As I felt the need for filter and scroll routines when searching
> Richard's FWDictionary - and this need was shared by some of our
> students - I have added such routines to the dictionary.
>
> The modified dictionary can be inspected and downloaded from
> <http://www.sanke.org>  English version, page "Tools and Samples for
> Development"
>
> Both the "filter with" and "scroll to" routines work forwards and
> backwards, i.e. if you shorten the searchstring in the filter field the
> corresponding number of entries in the "token" field will be restored.
>
> The resulting necessary scripts are much shorter than those for the same
> features of the original Rev Transcript Dictionary, which apart from the
> scripts contained on the search page need additional support from the
> script library of button "revdocslibrary" (836 script lines) of card
> "Sections List" of stack "revdocs".
>
> If Richard would appreciate such an enhancement, the changes needed in
> his setup stack would be minimal:
> two additional controls and minor alterations of scripts on the "index"
> card.

Great stuff, Wilhelm.  Thanks for adding that.

Have you considered adding it to the latest version included in in the
MC IDE v2.6b7 package?  A lot of changes have happened in that version,
including the ability to import the Rev 2.5 XML files in addition to the
older revdictionary.rev stack.

If so, please add yourself to the credits when you're done and pass it
back and I'll gladly put it in the next build.