Filters for Transcript Dictionary

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Jul 26 00:40:10 EDT 2004

As I felt the need for filter and scroll routines when searching
Richard's FWDictionary - and this need was shared by some of our
students - I have added such routines to the dictionary.

The modified dictionary can be inspected and downloaded from
<http://www.sanke.org>
English version, page "Tools and Samples for Development"

Both the "filter with" and "scroll to" routines work forwards and
backwards, i.e. if you shorten the searchstring in the filter field the
corresponding number of entries in the "token" field will be restored.

The resulting necessary scripts are much shorter than those for the same
features of the original Rev Transcript Dictionary, which apart from the
scripts contained on the search page need additional support from the
script library of button "revdocslibrary" (836 script lines) of card
"Sections List" of stack "revdocs".

If Richard would appreciate such an enhancement, the changes needed in
his setup stack would be minimal:
 two additional controls and minor alterations of scripts on the "index"
card.

Best regards,

Wilhelm Sanke