MC IDE v2.6b6 posted

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Sun Jul 25 15:46:58 EDT 2004

>>I am having trouble using an alias in the plugins folder. I've
>>tried both OS X native aliases and unix-style symlinks. Symlinks
>>used to work in MC (though I could never get them to work in Rev)
>>but now they don't work in MC either. Anyone else?
>
>This has not changed from b5, which has been out for nearly 6
>months. The routine needed for checking the initialization
>properties must open the stack file to get at those properties, and
>I believe that while "open stack" honors aliases "get the
><whateverProperty> of stack" does not.
>
>There may be a way to use aliasReference for that.  Care to add
>support for that?

This has been quite a while but I am pretty sure I tested at least
Finder aliases and they worked. May be you are using a newer engine
and there was some change there.

>>Also, in the "programming plugins" text file, there is a reference
>>to a Revolution property:
>>
>>"In Revolution, the opening mode is defined for each plugin through
>>"Plugin Settings". To make MetaCard's plugins compatible with
>>Revolution, you need to set the custom property:"
>>
>>And no property is named. Don't keep us guessing. ;)
>
>Robert, got time to finish that?

Here is the complete text:

In Revolution, the opening mode (open-as mode) is defined for each
plugin through "Plugin Settings". To make MetaCard's plugins
compatible with Revolution, you need to set the custom property:

set the cRevLoadInfo["mode"] to empty -- palette
set the cRevLoadInfo["mode"] to "modeless" -- modeless
set the cRevLoadInfo["mode"] to "modal" -- modal
set the cRevLoadInfo["mode"] to "invisible" -- invisible

I will send the latest version of that file directly to you, Richard.
You will need to edit it after all since you are removing active
plugins. I intend to maintain my own version of plugin manager which
supports active plugins.

Robert Brenstein