MC IDE v2.6b6 posted

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jul 24 10:52:05 EDT 2004

J. Landman Gay wrote:

> I am having trouble using an alias in the plugins folder. I've tried
> both OS X native aliases and unix-style symlinks. Symlinks used to work
> in MC (though I could never get them to work in Rev) but now they don't
> work in MC either. Anyone else?

This has not changed from b5, which has been out for nearly 6 months.
The routine needed for checking the initialization properties must open
the stack file to get at those properties, and I believe that while
"open stack" honors aliases "get the <whateverProperty> of stack" does not.

There may be a way to use aliasReference for that.  Care to add support
for that?

Since MC lets you choose the plugin folder, I've never used aliases
since. But I certainly wouldn't mind if someone wants to add support for
them, or hone in on the engine issue which prevents them from being used
automatically.

> Also, in the "programming plugins" text file, there is a reference to a
> Revolution property:
>
> "In Revolution, the opening mode is defined for each plugin through
> "Plugin Settings". To make MetaCard's plugins compatible with
> Revolution, you need to set the custom property:"
>
> And no property is named. Don't keep us guessing. ;)

Robert, got time to finish that?