alwaysBuffer not set...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 21 11:16:12 EDT 2004

Wouter wrote:
>> Template objects are never stored per se; they live only in memory.  The
>> property settings which define them are, in my understanding, hard-wired
>> into the code of the engine, and not in any stack file.
>
> This is exactly the puzzling part.
> If they are hardwired in the code of  the engine then why is there a
> difference between the MC IDE and the RR IDE in at least 1 of those
> settings????
> Compare the opaque of the templateGraphic between the 2 IDE's (the
> engine from RR 2.2.1)
> That's why I said if they are hardwired then the engine is making a
> difference between these 2 IDE's.

I had already answered that, in the portion you quoted below:

>> However, any script can change the default engine properties of template
>> objects, which appears to be what Rev's initialization script does.

Remember that long before your scripts become active the Rev IDE does
its initialization.  While I haven't read the code for Rev's boot
sequence the evidence suggests that their IDE alters some properties of
the template graphic so that by the time your script comes into play the
template graphic is different.

You can verify that it isn't the engine by using the same Rev engine
with the MC IDE.  Merely copying that executable file won't alter it, so
any differences are accounted for in the IDEs.