alwaysBuffer not set...

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Wed Jul 21 19:39:39 EDT 2004

On 21 Jul 2004, at 18:00, metacard-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:37:17 -0700
> From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
> Subject: Re: alwaysBuffer not set...
> To: Discussions on Metacard <metacard at lists.runrev.com>

-- big snip

>> I agree that they are handled or used by the engine.
>> But the question still remains: where are those default template
>> objects
>> physically (it's data) stored?
>> In the binary of the engine or in the binary of one or more stacks?
>
> Template objects are never stored per se; they live only in memory.
> The
> property settings which define them are, in my understanding,
> hard-wired
> into the code of the engine, and not in any stack file.

This is exactly the puzzling part.
If they are hardwired in the code of  the engine then why is there a
difference between the MC IDE and the RR IDE in at least 1 of those
settings????
Compare the opaque of the templateGraphic between the 2 IDE's (the
engine from RR 2.2.1)
That's why I said if they are hardwired then the engine is making a
difference between these 2 IDE's.

When checking this setting in the last version of RR  (2.5.1) they
changed it so both are false.
(But when producing a new polygon they turn it on as not to confuse
users)
Btw 2.5.1 looks awsome, a lot of big changes and not only in what meets
the eye.

> However, any script can change the default engine properties of
> template
> objects, which appears to be what Rev's initialization script does.
>
> --
>   Richard Gaskin
>   Fourth World Media Corporation

Greetings,