MC versions problem: Bug fixed only with 2.5?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jul 19 15:59:56 EDT 2004

ANGEHRN Albert wrote:

> Hi. I am have an urgent PROBLEM related to MC versions:
> Editing of chinese text (in MC fields) works well in 2.5 but not in 2.4.3.
>
> Now, the last version to which I accessed with my key is 2.4.3. I
> downloaded 2.5, but it doesn't accept the key.
>
> Is there any intermediate version 2.4.x which I can still access with my
> key and in which the problem has been solved? Where can I download it?

It sounds like what you're experiencing is an engine issue, completely
unrelated to the MC IDE.  Newer versions of the engine have
significantly improved handling of many international languages,
including Chinese.  It's one of many good reasons to upgrade your license.

For information on upgrading to get a new engine license contact
heather at runrev.com