Mail

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 16 08:14:53 EST 2004

===
If you just want to email from a CGI on a machine your control, you
may want to try using shell() with sendmail.
What platform? OS X has a broken sendmail configuration, but there
are article on Apple and Oreilly sites for fixing it....

Right and on Panther (10.3) OS X has Postfix instead of Sendmail
===

Please pardon me if I'm a bit confused.  It's been a very distracting
weekend (my fella popped the question :-)

Other people will be sending me emails, from inside of my program,
from both Mac and Windows computers.  Wouldn't targeting Postfix or
Sendmail be specific only to a few computers?  The goal is to use
SMTP to go around specific programs, so that it does not matter what
programs are accessible to the sender.

As for using a CGI script, I use a web host that allows CGI.  But the
computer is not mine, or under my control.

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com