Mail

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Fri Feb 13 16:57:04 EST 2004

On Feb 13, 2004, at 2:28 PM, Brian Yennie wrote:

> If you just want to email from a CGI on a machine your control, you
> may want to try using shell() with sendmail.
> What platform? OS X has a broken sendmail configuration, but there are
> article on Apple and Oreilly sites for fixing it.

Right and on Panther (10.3) OS X has Postfix instead of Sendmail, which
is a real nice change IMO.

Here is a little How-To I wrote trying to get Postfix to work for
outoing mail:

"On OS 10.3 postfix MTA is running in the default install. But delivery
probably fails because the sender domain is probably an invalid public
domain i.e. hostname.local. Edit /etc/postfix/main.cf and set
"myhostname" to something that resolves OK, e.g. your-domain.com"

--
Alex Rice | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com