Mail

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Mon Feb 16 15:22:44 EST 2004

On Feb 16, 2004, at 6:14 AM, Shari wrote:

> Other people will be sending me emails, from inside of my program,
> from both Mac and Windows computers.  Wouldn't targeting Postfix or
> Sendmail be specific only to a few computers?  The goal is to use SMTP
> to go around specific programs, so that it does not matter what
> programs are accessible to the sender.

I've never used libSMTP. If you can get it to work then that seems like
a good solution. If not then:

In Unix the command "sendmail" available on _all_ servers. It's a
command line tool for sending outgoing email, that takes care of SMTP
for you. The recipient of the email does not require Sendmail or
Postfix or anything like that.

BTW Postfix, Qmail, and many other email servers all have a "sendmail"
command even if "Sendmail" is not the brand of server software.

Hope this helps,

--
Alex Rice | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com