Mac-keyboard on PC problem

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Oct 2 03:16:58 EDT 2003

At 7:47 pm -0400 1/10/03, Thomas McCarthy wrote:
>What I mean is the keyboard map on my PC is acting like the keyboard
>map on my Mac. So yes, all the characters work and are there, just
>their position on the keyboard is different. So the '(' key is shift
>+ '9' on both platforms.

Sounds like an "international" keyboard issue, and not a Mac-PC
thing. As others have mentioned, shift+9 is the left parenthesis on
standard US keyboards, but not on all keyoards. Check the releveant
preference/control panel on Mac/Windows to set the keyboard input to
match your keyboard layout.

Cheers
Dave