Mac-keyboard on PC problem

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Thu Oct 2 04:19:00 EDT 2003

Gosh I think I've opened a can of worms here.

Perhaps it's a japanese thing. A quick survey of all the keyboards in our school office--various PCs-- reveals that they share 9 + shift for ')' whereas my USA version mac and my colleagues Japanese version iBook have 0 + shift for ')'

Another example
shift + 2 is quote on my PC
shift + 2 is @ on my Mac

keyboard maps differ. this should not be a surprise. What is a surprise is that MetaCard is using the keyboard map from my Mac on my PC.