No subject

Thu Oct 16 04:16:34 EDT 2003

   What happens to existing MetaCard customers?

   Existing customers will get a free upgrade to Revolution with
   their next subscription renewal. We strongly recommend everyone
   to upgrade to Revolution. However, for those existing MetaCard
   customers that want to continue to use the MetaCard tools, we
   will arrange an outside group of volunteer developers to maintain
   the existing MetaCard user interface so that they may do so.

> Otherwise, what is to prevent us from just running MetaCard
> 2.5 for the next 4 or 5 years?

Nothing.  If you prefer it, just keep using it.  It will only get better as
well.

> I would, however, probably be willing to give it a fair shot if I could
> cross-grade right now for free.  If not, well, MetaCard 2.5 runs really
> really well and I don't think I'll need much more than it for a while.
> Heck, most of the stuff I do uses the Darwin mc engine anyway.
>
> I know this post sounds harsh, but, well, I have a religious attachment to
> MetaCard.

Amen, brother.  But as a fellow disciple of the Church of MetaCard, note
that the prophet Raney is behind this move to the promised land.

MC users don't have to change at all if they don't want to, but the engine
development seems likely to benefit from the unified development effort.