Web programming tools

Ray G. Miller rgmiller at pacbell.net
Mon May 5 16:37:01 EDT 2003

From: Yennie at aol.com

> <<No! Please! Not PDF! >>
>
> I hate to get too off-topic, <snip>

> a) Acrobat comes with a browser plug-in which is one of the more stable, convenient browser plugins around.
>
> b) You can copy and paste from Acrobat just fine, including with the browser plugin. You just need to choose the text selection tool. The only limitation is that you are stuck with one page at a time.
>
> I apologize if this sounds a bit harsh, but I have a real peeve for blasting products (or anything else) with little apparent perspective.

Right on, Brian!

Acrobat is one of the most stable "universal" tools in the market.

We once produced a monthly newsletter with tons of graphics. It was
composed in Pagemaker and then transferred to Acrobat for a number of
reasons:

1) I could send it to the printer directly via e-mail. The lithographer
was not looking at a copy of a copy...
2) I never worried about skewed test/graphics
3) The Acrobat file was orders of magnitude smaller.

I still think it's a greatly underrated and underutilized tool. If MC
could only convert directly to Acrobat, we'd all have less work to do... ;-)

Ray G. Miller
Turtlelips Productions
4009 Everett Ave.
Oakland, CA 94602