Web enabled MC applications (How-to)

Sadhunathan Nadesan sadhu at castandcrew.com
Mon May 5 20:53:01 EDT 2003

| If I right remember, you are from time to time working together with Sadhu,
| is'nt it ? Are you planning to include MC/PostgreSQL apps on your server
| ? If yes, let me know. For my own, i'm doing so and, the more I work with
| Postgres, the more I understand that it's SQL implementation is really a
| "great databases-dedicated xtalk", just the brother mc needed. All
| metacard on the app server side, instead of java, php, perl and so on ;
| all psql and sql (but not the unneeded pl/pgsql nor LXP because mc does
| better and faster) on the sql server side and we are really lucky ;-)
|
| --
| Best Regards, Pierre Sahores

Alors, Pierre,

Time to time is right!  It seems a long time has gone by since my last
post on this subject.  My apologies for taking so long to respond.

I *almost* have something to post to the list.  If it only worked,
I would!

Then again, perhaps if I do post a non-working "work in progress", I will
get some suggestions to fix it?  Ok, so why not?

To refresh the memory of all, this was to be a sample MC web-enabled
application kit .. with a working version plus instructions on how to
build it yourself.  The key perhaps being that we suspected it's hard
or perhaps undesireable for most MC developers to put up a data base
on the web for public experimentation.  I had volunteered to do that
(despite gettin some ire from my systems administrators).

The application is one I build for myself (cardfile/phone list), and have been
using for some time, but naturally, I don't want to put my personal
cardfile on the net where anyone could add or delete cards.  So I said
I would set that up on a separate machine and allow people to
try the application with a real working data base.

The work in progress can be found at:

http://sdwebapp.castandcrew.com/~sadhu/How_to_Construct_Web_Enabled_MC_Data_Base_Applications.html

Feel free to take a look.

There is a HOW-TO html, source code samples, a downloadable MC stack,
and, a real working postgres data base to try it against.

Cheers,
Sadhu

ps, again, it's not all working right, it's partially working and I'll
continue as time permits to get it solid.