retrieving OS X icons?

RCS rcs at rcsprogramming.com
Mon May 5 14:30:04 EDT 2003

There does not seem to be a mechanism in MetaCard for what (I think) you
want to do. My work around has been to actually have a 'set' of standard
filetype icons in the stack (for .pdf,.jpg,.doc,?,etc), and discern which
one to display by getting either the extension or the filetype. I did this
for an installer maker where I had to create a hierarchical list of folders
and files...the performance was fine, so I stuck with this method.

Let me know if there is a better way...

JR