Web programming tools

eric.allen.engle at justice.com eric.allen.engle at justice.com
Sat May 3 22:43:01 EDT 2003

. I am not writing the  tutorial as a
> Rev stack because it's a chapter in my book, which
> needs ultimately to be a PDF, but I had toyed with the
> idea of creating a sort of CGI-maker stack.

No! Please! Not PDF!
PDF is useful for one thing only: convincing stuffy
academics that your online academic article is "the
real thing". And corporate boards of directors. Other
than that it sucks. Why?
1) I have to launch acrobat. 10-30 seconds downtime
(ugh)
2) I cannot copy and paste - so say you have code I
would like to reuse/edit, well ok I CAN coerce a PDF
file - do you want to? I sure don't.

Other than this I see honestly no use for PDF. Oh wait,
it may have a proprietary use since you can password
encrypt it. Lovely. Proprietary data. Oh wait,
information is only useful when shared, cannot be
consumed and actually increases in value with
diffusion.

My Home Page with free online legal information
Page perso avec liens juridiques

http://www.lexnet.bravepages.com/ind.htm