Web programming tools (Dan Shafer)

Dan Shafer dan at eclecticity.com
Fri May 2 22:15:01 EDT 2003

You can escape from the ugliness of browser UIs at least three ways, none of which, unfortunately, involves RR/MC:

1. Use Java applets.
2. Use Flash.
3. Use Jython to create applets.

Nos. 1 and 3 are similar except that 1 requires you to learn Java (which is hard) and 3 relies on Python (which is easy; in fact, I think it is at least as easy as Transcript, maybe easier, and is fully object-oriented).