Windows Registry again

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sat Mar 15 20:09:00 EST 2003

> Nope.  Entering new territory again ;-)

Hi Shari

Look at Install Maker from clickteam. It's very cheap, even free if you
don't mind thier add being in it.

I know it's probably not what you are meant to do but I register the file
extension every time at startup which means if the user moves the app just
opening it will fix the file association. They probably wouldn't even think
of moving it if you put it in the Program Files folder. Install maker can
put shortcuts in the right spots for you.

I know it's all very different from MacOS but it's quite simple and logical
once you have done it once. You should try coming in the other direction and
trying to get the hang of the resource fork. Yuck!

Cheers

Monte