Standalone Builder question

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Thu Jul 24 06:33:03 EDT 2003

Thank you all for your kind answers and wise
recommendations to test the standalone on a
Windoze machine before releasing it.

But actually the reason why I decided to build
the Win standalone on a Mac is because I'm
facing another problem : a Win standalone
built on an XP machine doesn't launch on
a Win98 machine... Actually it's been built on
an XP machine, then burned on a CD, then
ftp transfered via Fetch on a Mac to my client
who can't launch it after downloading it to his PC...
We've done that before and it worked fine,
the only difference is that there were Win98
machines on both sides...

Did anyone experience anything similar ?
I guess something gets lost on the way, but
I can't figure out when...
I thought that building the Win app on Mac
might reduce the risks to spoil the file...

Of course I still have the option to snail mail
a CD...

Thanks,
JB