Standalone Builder question

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 23 19:15:05 EDT 2003

>And there may be some font issues, too...
>Hey, its windoze ;-)

I encountered font issues.  Even with the most generic font I could
choose, it doesn't always look the same on Windows.  Ditto for some
colored graphic objects I was using.  Ditto for some color blends,
that were supposed to be cross platform, but looked different on each
platform.  I ended up writing a startup handler to get the OS, and
make certain changes to the objects/fonts of the affected areas.
That worked like a charm.

As a Mac person who just released my first two Windows programs, I
HIGHLY recommend that you test it on a Windows machine thoroughly
before releasing it.  Not all things work the same, I discovered.
The convert command, for example, gave a different result on Windows,
because it was a negative number being converted.

Shari C
Gypsy King Software
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--