open source (Richard Gaskin)

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Fri Jul 18 09:42:00 EDT 2003

on 7/18/03 6:49 AM, Geoff Canyon wrote

> On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 07:20  PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> Geoff Canyon wrote:
>>
>>> Both IDEs are more or less open source, inasmuch as the source is
>>> largely exposed in each, available for modification if you wish.
>>
>> How does one submit bug fixes in the Rev IDE?
>
> There is (as yet) no defined policy for submitting bug fixes either
> IDE. In the case of Rev, emailing them to one of the various @runrev
> addresses would do the trick, if anything would.

Not wanting to speak for the Rev team - but I'd have thought the correct
answer for the Rev IDE is their bug reporting database, which IIRC is now
open to all comers.  Go to www.runrev.com, click "Developers", scroll down
to "Feedback".  They use bugzilla - it's hairy but basically great.  Warning
- doesn't seem to play well with Safari - try iCab or IE if you're on Mac.

Presumably in the case of the MC IDE, that's for the group who assemble
round the mailing list (when it is set up) to decide.

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866