open source (Richard Gaskin)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 18 02:21:01 EDT 2003

Geoff Canyon wrote:

> On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 07:20  PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> Geoff Canyon wrote:
>>
>>> Both IDEs are more or less open source, inasmuch as the source is
>>> largely exposed in each, available for modification if you wish.
>>
>> How does one submit bug fixes in the Rev IDE?
>
> There is (as yet) no defined policy for submitting bug fixes either
> IDE. In the case of Rev, emailing them to one of the various @runrev
> addresses would do the trick, if anything would.

What of version control issues?

It seems best to hold off on making changes to the Rev IDE until we have an
established process in place, no?

But I must say while we're here, if everyone else moved as fast as Scott
Raney we'd have the MC IDE list set up, the spec agreed on, and any changes
I'd care to make done.  ::sigh:: As it is, we're still waiting for
authorization to proceed.  I'm prepared to set up that list as soon as I get
the word....