Resource forks

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Jul 11 17:43:00 EDT 2003

Recently, "Shari"  wrote:

> As a rule, I do create a resource fork, and store things in it, that
> the PPC version uses.  As I often end up compiling * many * times
> before I am satisfied, it saves a ton of work in editing the resource
> fork for every compile.  The info is just there.

If your goal is to develop cross platform then you've probably already
figured out this is a bad idea (no resource fork on Windows).  Better you
should store everything you can within the stack/s.

> So I would have to
> delete the resource fork.  Would deleting the items within it, work
> as well as deleting it, as far as creating a zip file?

Again, removing items from the resource fork does not remove the fork
itself.  You either need to copy the stack onto a Windows box (forces
separation of the stack and the resource fork into separate files) or use a
tool.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director