Resource forks

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 11 17:36:01 EDT 2003

>Shari wrote:
>
>>  Ahhhh.... I did not know this!  Enlightenment!  I do create one set
>>  of files in MC, cross platform, and of course there is a resource
>>  fork.  It doesn't matter that Windows doesn't need the fork, as the
>>  code works around it for Windows.
>>
>>  Could I not simply delete the items in the resource fork with ResEdit
>>  before zipping?
>
>There is no resource fork in MC stack files by default.  Only when you use
>externals in Classic do you need a resource fork.  Open them in ResEdit and
>you'll see:  it gives you the warning that the file has no res fork, asking
>you if you want to create one.
>
>Side note:  you can get "resfile" and "binfile" and store each as separate
>properties in an installer stack, writing them out to the same path to
>restore both forks of the file.
>
>--
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation

As a rule, I do create a resource fork, and store things in it, that
the PPC version uses.  As I often end up compiling * many * times
before I am satisfied, it saves a ton of work in editing the resource
fork for every compile.  The info is just there.  So I would have to
delete the resource fork.  Would deleting the items within it, work
as well as deleting it, as far as creating a zip file?

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com