CD update...

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 11 13:47:00 EDT 2003

>Shari,
>
>just a stupid question but why would you want to zip or stuff
>something on a cd? Are these stack bigger than a cd?
>
>The less "other software" you depend on, the better. This
>includes OS specific features...
>
>So, the more generic your software, the better...
>
>By now, you should know how to make an MC installer too...
>
>Last but not least, why not use the built in compression in MC?
>(does it work with Mac resources?)
>
>cheers
>Xavier

To ensure that some idiot does not try to run the program directly
off the CD.  All of my programs write to themselves, or to files
within the program's folder.  And they do this frequently.  I would
have to rewrite the whole program to let it be run off a CD.  Much
easier to build a mousetrap.

As for built-in MC compressors... better to put the file in a format
that most are familiar with.  Such as .sit, .hqx files.  Especially
if there is a chance they may want to actually upload the file
somewhere.  Here it is, already perfectly packaged :-)

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com