METACARD ACQUIRED BY RUN REV!!!

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Thu Jul 10 03:18:20 EDT 2003

Shari,

You should have more faith and trust in OpenSource.

To begin with, many many dozens of old HyperCard stacks still run on MC...

Then you have the great many javascript, java, PHP or C source codes on
the net - many more than any commercial company can output in 20 years...
I haven't found many that didn't work! Compare that to the many
"professionaly built programs" that dont!

If you dont believe or contribute to opensource, it it not going to get
better. But it will and without you!
MC is gone that way IMOHO... The engine is awesome, the GUI, well,
I dont have much positive to say about it... But it's far more inviting
than RR.
RR on the other hand is much more complete, and professional looking -
it's just a bit overloaded IMOHO.

The problem is that nothing is perfect! I always thought Lotus Notes would
be great to use since it's quite
close to XOS or even metacard (in phylosophy) but now I've tried it, Im
puking all over every feature it has
that doesn't work correctly or does incorrectly...

But in this perfect world, we like you rumbling Shari!

BTW my Control Browser (and there are others!) is far beyond any you have
seen in RunRev or MetaCard...
Simpler, faster, more power and definitely no bloat!

If one or 2 persons would have helped, it would be beyond your wildest
dreams with more features and less bugs than any other
product. You can get an "outdated" preview at
[http://monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=100]

Yesterday, I did something amazing: I just copied/pasted a "script editor"
grouped-object from XOS into the script editor of the control browser,
and other than the save script script, it worked right off. Less bugs,
more standards, more features...

You choose... You can sort the columns, collapse the window with a double
click or even search all the stack items and their controls!
Im also working on making changes to more than one item, and versioning,
custom props, themes, styles, etc... and OpenSource!!!

Soon and thanks to ClipperX text-editor grouped-object you will even have
html text editing and the rest...
Additive is a quality for XOS and most of my software - I keep hearing
GREAT, woah!, etc... You be the judge.

I just never get many comments, help or bug reports... Let alone
investment requests or incentiveware fees! Not even a beer!
So Im not motivated to help anymore more... Too much leeching. But I do it
for my own development and couldn't live without it!

As far as marketing, I can tell you that a running product will sell. A
nicely designed program will sell better but not longuer.
New features and GUI design is what sells upgrades... So I hope this works
for RR and it's new users...

Xavier Bury
TNS NT LAN Server
ext 6465