On RR acquiring Metacard

Dr. John R. Vokey jrvokey at telus.net
Thu Jul 10 03:18:45 EDT 2003

As with some others, I have the disquieting feeling of being ``hoist by
my own petard'': on initially moving from hypercard to metacard years
ago, my principle complaint (voiced on this list) with metacard was
the, then, incomprehensible interface (why or why could it not be more
like hypercard?), and the lousy documentation.  RR comes along and
fixes both, but in the interim I've come to appreciate the deep
intelligence and elegant simplicity of Dr. Raney's metacard interface
(and no longer need the documentation), to the point (as with my
earlier belief about the hypercard way) that I find RR way to be
bloated, incomprehensible, clumsy, and annoying: it just gets in my
way!  However, I am confident that it is none of these things, despite
the wailing and gnashing of teeth I'll no doubt go through as I adapt
to it.  And I will.  Congratulations to Metacard corp and RR on their
ultimate union!
--
John R. Vokey, Ph.D.                       |\      _,,,---,,_
Professor                                  /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_