MetaCard acquired - wake up call

Mark Talluto lists at canelasoftware.com
Wed Jul 9 01:12:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 8, 2003, at 08:10 PM, RCS wrote:

> It makes me realize that this technology can be pulled out from
> underneath
> us...I feel pretty rattled. What would happen if Apple buys this? Do
> you
> think they will support Windows and Linux? Do you think RunRev has any
> more
> loyalty to us than Scott? There are no guarantees anywhere (what a sad
> statement!), so I don't blame Scott...but my heart sank when I read
> this for
> some reason. It seems like the beginning of the end, not a new
> beginning.
>
> It's definitely a wake-up call for me...I think I'll go see how Java is
> doing.
>
> JR
>
>>> Your thoughts?
>>>

>> The writing was on the wall that this was going to happen eventually.
>> I would say congratulations are in order for both Scott and Kevin's
>> respective teams.  I look forward to embracing the future of this
>> technology at its new home.

Do not panic.  This is not a sign of bad things to come.  This
unification has been coming for some time.  It is not a random act at
all.   My sincere suggestion is to give Revolution a try.  Everything
language-wise that exists in MC is there.  The only difference is going
to be the IDE.  I see Revolution having a very long life.  Their
development team is very knowledgeable.  I have been using MC has my
development tool for years now.  I just recently downloaded the latest
version of Rev and have found it to be pretty solid.

Best regards,
Mark Talluto
http://www.canelasoftware.com