METACARD ACQUIRED BY RUN REV!!!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jul 8 22:28:00 EDT 2003

On 7/8/03 8:50 PM, Shari wrote:

> I wish I saw good things here.  I wish I could believe.  If I embrace
> Rev, I see losing a year's productivity, just when I finally got where I
> really want to be.

Nah, don't worry. You won't lose a thing; not any time, not any money. I
routinely work on the same stack, at the same time, in both MC and
Revolution. (It's pretty neat you can do that, actually.) Remember, the
engine is exactly the same. You don't *have* to learn the IDE, though
you'll probably want to pick up some of it just for ease of use eventually.

The engine behavior will be identical to what you already know. Your
stack will run in Rev exactly as it does now in MC, with *zero* changes.
If you don't want to use the IDE, use the message box. I do that all the
time when I don't want to drill down in Rev's IDE.

Rev 2.0 is far more stable than the older version you tried. I have only
had it crash once on me, and when I duplicated the behavior in MC, that
crashed too -- so it was the engine, not the IDE.

Also, the announcement states that a group of volunteers may be arranged
to maintain MC's current IDE -- so you can use that if you want.

Nothing to worry about. And I think with Scott having more time to work
on the engine, we'll see new features and options at an increased rate.
I'm going to miss Scott though. I have never met anyone more responsive
and knowledgeable in the software field. In that respect, I feel like
I'm losing an arm.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com