METACARD ACQUIRED BY RUN REV!!!

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 9 09:51:00 EDT 2003

>I wish I saw good things here.  I wish I could believe.  If I
>embrace Rev, I see losing a year's productivity, just when I finally
>got where I really want to be.
>
>Nah, don't worry. You won't lose a thing; not any time, not any
>money. I routinely work on the same stack, at the same time, in both
>MC and Revolution. (It's pretty neat you can do that, actually.)
>Remember, the engine is exactly the same. You don't *have* to learn
>the IDE, though you'll probably want to pick up some of it just for
>ease of use eventually.
>
>The engine behavior will be identical to what you already know. Your
>stack will run in Rev exactly as it does now in MC, with *zero*
>changes. If you don't want to use the IDE, use the message box. I do
>that all the time when I don't want to drill down in Rev's IDE.
>
>Rev 2.0 is far more stable than the older version you tried. I have
>only had it crash once on me, and when I duplicated the behavior in
>MC, that crashed too -- so it was the engine, not the IDE.
>--
>Jacqueline Landman Gay

That does mean a lot coming from you Jacque.  I know you have been
immersed in both for quite awhile.

It took me a very long time to make the decision to move to MC.  I
had already invested in the compiler and a stack of books to migrate
to C.  But knowing that Scott/MC had been around for 10 years, and
charged enough to stay in business and not go poof, I felt safe in
choosing MC over C.  I believed that Metacard would not abandoned us
as Hypercard had, and would move forward as necessary to keep up with
the computing world.

Stability of the product, and the company behind the product, are key.

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com