private scrollbar

thierry Douez t.douez at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jan 24 12:50:00 EST 2003

  | > i've made a private scrollbar which consists of a graphic
  | > line plus a  button
  | > which can move along the line with some constrainsts.
  | > Howewer, i don't know the magic formula if the text to be
  | >  scroll fits  into
  | > the visible field, or is bigger so i can disable/enable the
  | > button acting as a thumb scrollbar.
  |
  | take a look a this:
  | http://www.runrev.com/revolution/developers/developerdownloads/
  | usercontributions.html
  | Look for "Fun with fields" and download that.
  | That's a tiny stack i made that will also cover the topic of "private"
  | scrollbars :-)

Hi Klauss,

Nice your Banana :-)
in fact, the stack "Fun with fields" doesn't manage the enable/disable
property of the thumb "banana"
( i set the text shorter than the height of the field,
but still can move your banana all the path from top to bottom )

i did add these 2 lines into my card script :

  put the number of lines in field f * textheight of field f into n
  set the enabled of btn "MyThumb" to (  n  > the height of field f  )

Is this way valid in any cases ? any comments ?

get the scroll of field f, doesn't help in this context.

  | Before that, i may encourage you to download my cute little palette
  | from:
  | www.revolutionboard.de/klaus/heim2WIN.zip
  | Please read the dox, to install it correctly.
  | Don't panic, it's totally easy, honestly :-)

Sorry, i'm still with metacard 2.3 on windows ( only ) and it doesn't seem
to be compatible... probably i should need to move to 2.4 one of these days
?

Viele Dank, Klauss