private scrollbar

Klaus Major k_major at os.surf2000.de
Fri Jan 24 14:03:00 EST 2003

Bon soir Thierry

> Hi Klauss,
>
> Nice your Banana :-)

AAAAARGH, they did it again...
How often will i have to post:
Please stop talking about my banana in public!
Geeeeeeeezzzzzzzz...... :-D

> in fact, the stack "Fun with fields" doesn't manage the enable/disable
> property of the thumb "banana"
> ( i set the text shorter than the height of the field,
> but still can move your banana all the path from top to bottom )

That's an extra not covered by the invisible contract ;-)

No, just kidding.

I created it really for fields that have lots of text in it.
I did not think of another case, that's all...
So sorry.

> i did add these 2 lines into my card script :
>
>   put the number of lines in field f * textheight of field f into n
>   set the enabled of btn "MyThumb" to (  n  > the height of field f  )
>
> Is this way valid in any cases ? any comments ?

I'll check that out, but sounds logical.
(Famous last words: Not tested, but should work ;-)

Nope, but this works:
(Just tested :-)

  set the enabled of btn "MyThumb" to (the formattedheight of fld f <=
the height of fld f)

> get the scroll of field f, doesn't help in this context.
>
>   | Before that, i may encourage you to download my cute little palette
> Sorry, i'm still with metacard 2.3 on windows ( only ) and it doesn't
> seem
> to be compatible... probably i should need to move to 2.4 one of these
> days
> ?

Oooops, sorry, i think there was a change in the fileformat of MC from
2.3 to 2.4.

> Viele Dank, Klauss

De rien Thierry ;-)

Au revoir