Database Encryption

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jan 4 04:29:00 EST 2003

on 12/28/02 4:37 AM, Peter McConachie at pmccon at bigpond.net.au wrote:

> Process is:
> 1. Make test database (btn [New dBase]). Close & check with VApp.
> 2  Open (btn [Open ord.dBase]) and dump file of table(s). Close dBase
> 3. Open dBase, encrypt structure & total data & close - all done by btn
> [Encr new].
> 4. Open encrypted dBase (btn [Open encr.dBase]). To check all is OK I run
> test query to see all data. Then dump files of table(s). Then close

Hi Peter,
Hi Scott,

Peter, I have try to test your project using MC 2.4.2 Carbon.
I do not want use MC 2.4.3 Macho because bundles have great problems with
debugging.

But problem is that MC 2.4.2 on some incredible reason returns UNIX paths on
OS X ?????????????????????????

I have see that you try work around this to convert manually Unix paths to
Mac OS paths. But this not works on my computer.

And once again, I VERY wonder why people say that MetaCard is so nice IDE.
I have break my hands trying nabigate in scripts of your project.

-- when I am in script debugger and press button EDIT, I go NOT on the top
of function, but on the top of script window. Now I need scroll hundreds
lines of code and search for it.

-- when I simple open script of some button, and close it back, MC each time
ask me with dialog "Save changes"? But I have not change anything.
I am not a monkey to press 100 times button NO, during 10 minutes.

-- When I am inside some script and see call of some other function, I do
not have way jump to that function by one mouse click :-(
And since this is not my project, I can spend minutes to search it.
I hate this.

In Director I can simply put cursor on function, click button, and wow, I am
on that function.

Well, I just frustrated. Again and again, in case I get project from
developer to test MetaCard, is nightmare for me.

I hope MC developers will take this into account for future releases.

----
And Scott, again, I believe this is NOT correct, that MC 2.4.2 which is
CARBON, returns UNIX paths. It must return MacOS paths from Choose dialog.

I have see notes in Peter's project that MC 2.4.3 also have some weird
things on paths...Peter, you need talk about this problems on MC lists and
push them to be fixed.

--
Best regards,
e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com