Player messages

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Dec 20 16:15:47 EST 2003

> Brian's suggested method works (bravo!) It is simple and I'm
> embarrassed I didn't think of it myself, though I claim frustration and
> lost time as an excuse. Here's what I did:
>
>    put the duration of player 1 into theDur
>    put (theDur/the timeScale of player 1) into theSecs
>    start player 1
>    send "movieStop" to me in theSecs seconds
>
> And then there is a "movieStop" handler like this:
>
> on movieStop
>  playNextSegment -- includes the above script bit
> end movieStop
>
> So I'm back in business. I've bug reported the problem though.

Hi Jacqueline:

Just curious if you ever found a reliable time/loop workaround for audio
playback.  I just tried building an MC 2.5 standalone on OSX using the
following overkill tracking script and it seems to loop the player (4 second
AIFF file) relatively seamlessly.

[button script]

on mouseUp
  if the paused of player 1 then
    set the uAllowTrack of me to true
    set the looping of player 1 to true
    start player 1
    trackTime
  else
    set the uAllowTrack of me to false
    stop player 1
    set the currentTime of player 1 to 0
  end if
end mouseUp

on trackTime
  if not the uAllowTrack of me then exit trackTime
  if the currentTime of player 1  = the duration of player 1 then \
    start player 1
  send "trackTime" to me in 10 milliseconds
end trackTime

Curious to know what you've found.

Regards,

Scott Rossi