Problems with Metacard Script Editor and KDE

M. en T.E. Alejandro Diaz Infante linux at enmac.net
Tue Dec 2 20:06:24 EST 2003

Does anybody has noticed a problem to run MetaCard in KDE 3.1?

When you select some text in Script Editor, then Edit->Copy, and then click on
either "Ok", "Cancel" or "Apply", appears the Execution Error dialog:

Chunk: no target found
Chunk: can't find object

The offending script the execution error dialog turns out to be the first line
of procedure "on savehistory" of card "Editor Card" of stack "Script Editor
1" of stack mctools.mc

After this dialog appears, the script editor is really messed. If I try to
select some text, it automatically de-select itself. Edit -> Paste does not
paste anything, and the only way to close the script editor is by clicking
its close button, selecting "No" to the "Save Changes?" question dialog.

If I use other WM/Desktop environment (such as WindowMaker), the problem goes
away, so I suppose this is KDE related.

I noticed this problem some months ago in Mandrake 9.1, but by then I didn't
care about it. I'm a SuSE user and I was just playing around with Mandrake
distro.

However, a few days ago I switched from SuSE 8.1 to 9.0, and this behavior
appeared in my box!

Does anybody knows how to solve this? (other than not to use KDE, of
course)  ;P