Problems with Metacard Script Editor and KDE

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Wed Dec 3 12:23:52 EST 2003

Le mer 03/12/2003 à 03:06, M. en T.E. Alejandro Diaz Infante a écrit :
> Does anybody has noticed a problem to run MetaCard in KDE 3.1?
>
> When you select some text in Script Editor, then Edit->Copy, and then click on
> either "Ok", "Cancel" or "Apply", appears the Execution Error dialog:
>
> Chunk: no target found
> Chunk: can't find object
>
> The offending script the execution error dialog turns out to be the first line
> of procedure "on savehistory" of card "Editor Card" of stack "Script Editor
> 1" of stack mctools.mc
>
> After this dialog appears, the script editor is really messed. If I try to
> select some text, it automatically de-select itself. Edit -> Paste does not
> paste anything, and the only way to close the script editor is by clicking
> its close button, selecting "No" to the "Save Changes?" question dialog.
>
> If I use other WM/Desktop environment (such as WindowMaker), the problem goes
> away, so I suppose this is KDE related.
>
> I noticed this problem some months ago in Mandrake 9.1, but by then I didn't
> care about it. I'm a SuSE user and I was just playing around with Mandrake
> distro.
>
> However, a few days ago I switched from SuSE 8.1 to 9.0, and this behavior
> appeared in my box!
>
> Does anybody knows how to solve this? (other than not to use KDE, of
> course)  ;P

Hi Alejandro,

Did you desactive the KDE's clipboard (visible in the KDE's toolbar as a
red and white icon) ? Else, i don't have this kind of problem in using
Suse 8.2 Pro (KDE 3.1.1).

Bests,
Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores at easynet.fr

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:   +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:   +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:   +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de productivité"