Does your MC crash too?

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 13 11:16:01 EDT 2003

>Yes, I have a similar problem. I am told however that
>it is due to the memory management of the OS, which  I
>believe since OS architecture was designed around
>supporting Kbytes of memory and drive space and now has
>to support Mbytes and GBytes. Not only HTML images but
>the MC help stacks also do this. Rev incidentally also
>does this, only more often! So I'm planning to get a
>mac rev license in the hope that this problem is
>confined to the PC platform. Ideas?

I've had crashes happen frequently in stacks that require a lot of
memory.  Even though Metacard can "grab" more memory if it needs it,
I've found that for those stacks, Metacard's memory must be set to a
fairly high number in the Get Info box (Mac OS).  I don't know if
Windows has the same offering.  Where you can adjust the memory
setting of a program.  Now instead of crashing with a Type 2 error *
every time I try to use the stack *, it only crashes if I've been in
and out of several stacks that use bunches of memory.  (Yes, all the
stacks are set to be forgotten on close.  So the data should not
linger in memory, but it does.)

I've found that sometimes the data lingers in memory even after I've
totally quit out of Metacard.  And causes everything I do thereafter
to hang.  The best fix then is to reboot the computer to clear it all
out.

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--