Does your MC crash too?

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Wed Aug 13 05:29:01 EDT 2003

Weird cause Im using windows with some 750 MB's of ram (*1.2 swap files)
MC usually doesn't go beyond 30MB's of ram usage (go figure for what!)

To me part of the problem seems that the allocation of the image space in
the
stack is not "solid" - it is not compactable it seems for one, and once an
image
is decompressed, that's it, you're stuck with that size...

Is this due to either a flaw in code or the emptying of the image?
It's a fact that no one seems to know HOW to empty an image (or imagedata)

properly for example. Put empty into image or set the imagedata of img 1
to ""
seem like 2 different usages neither of which are "FULLY" documented.

I doubt it's an OS problem if it happens on more than one platform.

BTW, a clean OS resinstall is mandatory by us. It assures that there is no
flaw coming from the OS or the old system. It's worth it, believe me...

On 13/08/2003 11:12:15 metacard-admin wrote:
>Yes, I have a similar problem. I am told however that
>it is due to the memory management of the OS, which  I
>believe since OS architecture was designed around
>supporting Kbytes of memory and drive space and now has
>to support Mbytes and GBytes. Not only HTML images but
>the MC help stacks also do this. Rev incidentally also
>does this, only more often! So I'm planning to get a
>mac rev license in the hope that this problem is
>confined to the PC platform. Ideas?
>
>I have not solved this problem because this is my
>work-machine and my sysadmin is already nervous enough
>about me knowing more about the system and trying to
>"push it to its limits". So I don't want to get under
>her skin by saying "Hey, can we do a clean install of
>the OS in case there is an OS problem?"
>
>My Home Page with free online legal information
>Page perso avec liens juridiques
>
>http://www.lexnet.bravepages.com/ind.htm

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER