Does your MC crash too?

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Wed Aug 13 08:18:00 EDT 2003

> Weird cause Im using windows with some 750 MB's of ram (*1.2 swap
> files)
> MC usually doesn't go beyond 30MB's of ram usage (go figure for what!)
>
> To me part of the problem seems that the allocation of the image space
> in the
> stack is not "solid" - it is not compactable it seems for one, and
> once an image
> is decompressed, that's it, you're stuck with that size...

Well, I'm not sure if this is gonna help, but I have
the feeling it's a memory problem.

I always develop my stacks on Mac (OS 9 so far)
and when I do multiple successive "set filename of
img 1" (for an img control used as background
graphic), it seems that previous content of that img
control isn't purged from memory, and that successive
replacements finally crash the app.
Perhaps is it related to the fact that the "always buffer"
prop of that img is set to true... I don't know...

I also noticed that "set filename of img 1 to empty"
before setting filename to another file leads to less
crashes.

I only experienced these problems in edit mode.
In standalones everything's works perfect...

JB