Script limit - clarify please

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 7 16:43:01 EDT 2003

RCS wrote:

> The MetaCard IDE depends on several features that Revolution is taking out
> (or deciding to).

Which ones?  I'm not familiar with such proposed changes.

> Revolution will NOT maintain the MetaCard engine (i.e. to be compatible with
> the Revolution changes).
> Revolution will NOT update the MetaCard engine with bug fixes, even for
> current license holders.

It's the same engine.

> There is NO upgrade path for current MetaCard users (current license).

As announced, the upgrade path seems quite favorable for MC users, in which
we can continue to use MC if we like and we also get a Rev license to drop
into that IDE whenever we need.

> Scott Raney is on a beach somewhere...never to be heard from again.

I had an email exchange with im just last week.

I'm as distracted by the rate of change here as anyone else, but it does not
clarify things to move forward on the assumption that Scott Raney and the
folks at RunRev are all liars.

Let's take their assurances of continued support for the MC IDE at face
value until we have some solid reason to believe otherwise.