Script limit - clarify please

RCS rcs at rcsprogramming.com
Thu Aug 7 13:31:00 EDT 2003

What exactly does all of this mean anyway? I cannot distinguish between
rumor and fact:

- Scott promises the MetaCard IDE will always work with the Revolution
engine.
Is this his 'wish' or is this in writing somewhere.

- Revolution promises that the Revolution engine will work with the MetaCard
IDE.
I see no time frame here. My MetaCard engine could be broken with the next
update to Windows or OSX...maybe next week?

- Scott promises that the MetaCard IDE is 'open source'.
Wasn't it always?

- Scott Raney works 'for' Revolution.
I doubt that.

- Revolution takes orders from Scott.
I doubt that too.

This is what I have interpereted from all of this (and my general 'gut'
feeling):

The MetaCard IDE is open source (a lot of good that does for me...really).
The MetaCard IDE depends on several features that Revolution is taking out
(or deciding to).
Revolution will NOT maintain the MetaCard engine (i.e. to be compatible with
the Revolution changes).
Revolution will NOT update the MetaCard engine with bug fixes, even for
current license holders.
There is NO upgrade path for current MetaCard users (current license).
Scott Raney is on a beach somewhere...never to be heard from again.

Am I close?

RCS