65 to 530 to 65 solved

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 16 16:54:00 EDT 2003

I found the reason for the sudden change in how long the handler took to run.

Stack 1 is the main stack.
Stack 2 is the embedded stack with the images.

Sometimes I had Stack 2 visibly open, sometimes not.  When Stack 2
was visibly open, the handler in Stack 1 ran quickly.  When Stack 2
was closed, even with a "start using stack"  in operation, regardless
of the alwaysBuffer, the handler in Stack 1 slowed down.

I ditched Stack 2 and embedded the images into Stack 1.

Anybody know why you cannot embed a list of images?

I tried group theList, using image x, image id x, and image
imageName.  I finally wrote the following (very fast) handler to
import all those images:

on importImages
   put the effective filename of this stack into imageList
   set the itemDel to "/"
   put "Images/TerrainOutdoors" into the last item of imageList
   set the itemDel to comma
   set the directory to imageList
   get the files
   repeat for each line x in it
     import paint from file (imageList & "/" & x)
   end repeat
   repeat with x = 2 to the number of images
     set the visible of image x to false
   end repeat
end importImages
--