Bug report 2.5G1

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Fri Apr 4 13:48:01 EST 2003

On Thu, 03 Apr 2003 Wilhelm Sanke <sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de> wrote:

> These observations hold also for all A and B versions of  2.5
> (Windows).

Please note that bug reports go to bugs at metacard.com, not to this
list.  Not to mention that if these problems really did exist in the
alpha and beta-test releases, you're not doing us (or yourself) any
great favor by waiting until we're just about to release 2.5 before
reporting them at all!

(snip)

> This is a renewed request rather than a bug report:
>
> Please implement the possibility to put button names/labels directly *on
> top* of button icons ( a feature that - according to Scott Raney - is on
> already on the request list).

While we don't have an official policy on public lobbying like this,
my personal opinion is that if we get any "me too" posts from others
wanting this feature they'd be given very little weight in our
decision making process as to which of the 300 or so features on the
feature-request list to implement for the next release.  After all, if
it was really important to people, they would have asked us for this
feature without having to be prompted...
  Regards,
    Scott