What makes a good programmer?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Sep 19 16:19:01 EDT 2002

On 9/19/02 1:20 PM, Shari wrote:

> LOTS of testing.  I tested this program extensively, every single link,
> every menu item, every button, every combination of options, before
> compiling.  Then, I compiled it.  And started testing ALL OVER AGAIN.

You can usually skip the compiling part and test without the IDE, which
gives similar results to running as a standalone application. To ditch
the MC interface and test using only what will be in your standalone,
quit MC and then double-click the stack itself to launch. You'll get
something very similar to what a standalone will act like and it
eliminates one step when testing. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't
test the standalone too, but you can catch most of the problems first
without going through that step.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com