Screen changes colors on launch

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 19 14:28:01 EDT 2002

>You are probably running your apps under a 256 (8 bit) color monitor
>setting.
>
>When apps load that use custom colors outside what are currently available
>in the system, you will see a color flash while the system shifts over to
>the new color palette.
>
>The only ways to avoid this are:
>
>1) Set your monitor to display greater than 256 colors (16 bit thousands or
>24 bit millions [also referred to as "true color"])
>
>2) Create your graphics using colors available in Windows system palette.
>Also an option is what is called the "Web Safe" color palette, but the range
>of colors available is smaller (only 216 colors).

Interesting.

Even though my monitor supports thousands of colors, I keep it set to
256, as all the graphics I use for my games are 256 colors, to be
"safe" on all systems.

So using a 216 color palette when creating graphics rather than 256
would prevent this?

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--