Looking For Suggestions

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Sep 17 19:37:00 EDT 2002

I've got a standalone that needs to run on Windows as a single instance (no
multiple instances of the same app).  I'm looking for suggestions on how to
prevent duplicate launches of the same app (the app may also be installed in
more than one location on the same machine).

I'm familiar with the open apps function of the EXT DLL, but I'm trying to
avoid use of this since it makes my apps unstable.  I've also toyed with the
idea of writing an "app busy" message to the registry or a temp file on the
drive, but I can't figure out how to determine if the app that created the
message is running

As far as I know, MC has no built-in way to get a list of open processes
other than those it has already launched.

Searching the Web, I came across this document -- might there be some way to
use the code here via the shell or shell("start"...) function?

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0007.htm

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,

Scott Rossi